Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beer Bread

I've seen it being made on youtube and on different websites but it really didn't appeal. But with the cost of bread going up and up I thought what the heck, nothing to lose and everything to gain. I think in this loaf I may have left in a bit longer than I should have but I'm happy with the results.

Recipe
Ingredients:
3 Cups of Flour *
3 Tbsp Baking Powder
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 330ml can of Beer (any flavour)
*Some recipes say to use Self Raising Flour only - but if plain flour is all you have available just use it.

Method:
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
Add in beer, allow to sit for a bit and the fold all ingredients together. Careful not to overmix

Pop into a well greased loaf tin
Bake for 50-60mins and use the spring back test or if your loaf moves freely in the tin after some gentle shaking - it's done.

You can add extra ingredients eg..cheese, olives etc...
Some youtubers add melted butter over the top before putting the bread in the oven, others wait until 5-10mins before the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment