Sunday, February 26, 2012

Muffin tin Bacon and Egg pies

All winter long I've been thinking about making my own pies. Now back in the day I would have used my pie maker but it only makes two at a time and you know me I bake in bulk.

Ingredients:
Puff pastry
Bacon pieces or rashers (cut into small pieces) - I didn't fry my bacon pieces beforehand
Eggs
Mixed Vegetables - I boiled them first as I wasn't sure they would cook properly from frozen
Seasoning - salt, pepper etc
Large muffin tins

Method:
Cut each sheet into quarters - each sheet will yield 2pies (base and top)
Grease or spray your muffin tins
Press 1/4 of pastry sheet into the muffin tins and mould it so it covers most if not all of the base and sides.
Add egg and break the yolk, then bacon, then vege's and seasoning
Place a pastry on the top and pinch base and top together to create a seal.
Drizzle milk over the top to help the pastry brown while in the oven

Bake for about 25-30mins depending on your oven

No comments:

Post a Comment