Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chocolate Banana Cake













mmmmm!!!! I have been wanting to make this cake for some time. Ever since a guy at work asked me whether I had made one and because I love a challenge I did my usual google search and found this cool website http://www.joyofbaking.com/. This recipe does have alot of sugar but before I can make any changes I have to follow the recipe to the letter first.

After I finish creaming and icing it hubby pipes up and says "when I ask for a chocolate cake I get nothing, when I don't ask for one I can't even eat it (too full from dinner). The morale of the story is to keep your mouth shut cause you never know what might come out of the oven.

Review: We'll suffice as to say - nothing left but crumbs. I ate the first piece and the last, Al ate as much as he could and gave away the rest....man he can be generous with my baking...lol.
You couldn't taste the banana but I wonder if it(banana) along with the oil replaced the butter which also made it ultra moist. I probably could have done without the 3/4's of a bottle of whipped cream OR the lashings of chocolate icing on the top, but come on cake just aint the same without them.

Here is where you can find this recipe - I use this site quite a bit for recipes
http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateBananaCake.html

2 comments: