Friday, September 30, 2011

Little Miss Gardener

While I was outside re-potting some store bought lettuce Little Miss A came outside and wanted to help. She had spied a pink pot and HAD to use it. So I helped her pour some potting mix into it with a small spade, use her finger to poke holes, drop the seeds in the holes and cover them. I gave her a little drink bottle to water them and no surprise - one swig for the pot and one swig for her...lol. She was so attentive and helpful, can't wait to see her face when they start growing.


After planting her Sweetcorn and Bean seeds we went inside to make labels for her pots. I have some super sized ice block sticks and I helped her write the words and then she drew a picture of each at the bottom.


Next step was to go outside and label each pot. The pink pot is for Beans and the green pot is for Sweetcorn.


Here she is holding her Beans pot


Here she is holding her Sweetcorn pot

No comments:

Post a Comment