Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Baking Challenge - #1

Apple Cake with Lemon Icing I got this recipe of a blog but can't remember which one now. Using simple ingredients that can be easily found in your pantry.

Ingredients:
4 Eggs
2 C of Sugar
3 tsp of Vanilla Essence
1 C of Oil (any kind)
2 C of Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 C freshly chopped apples - sprinkled with sugar
Pecan nuts - recipe doesn't specify how many

Method
Combing eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil
Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger
Fold in apples and nuts (I used walnut pieces)
Pour into greased or lined tin and bake aprox 1hour or until done

Ice or not to ice up to you - I used lemon icing and then sprinkled shredded coconut over the top

Feedback:
Texture nice and moist but I think next time I'll add a bit more cinnamon to boost up the flavour.

2 comments: