Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ginger Crunch



This is the Edmonds Cookbook Ginger Crunch

The icing:
The recipe calls for 3TB of Ginger I used 2TB's

When making the icing Don't I repeat DON'T walk away for even a second, because it can burn very quickly which is what I discovered today. I had to add a bit more golden syrup, butter and icing sugar so it didn't look so dark in colour. Child no.2 said it had a bitter after taste but I didn't notice.

The recipe also says to pour the topping over the base while still hot - I wait for it to cool a bit before adding the topping

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the icing will be perfected by the time you get to camp - hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger Crunch is my all time favourite slice... may have to go make sure I have all the ingredients for some weekend baking.

    ReplyDelete